Castellón (Spain) February 7th, 2024
Stepping Up Efforts to Foster Circular Economy
UBE Corporation Europe has announced today that its consolidated subsidiary, Repol, S.L.U.(Repol), 1 has achieved recycled content certification for A2X25 MI H-4109, one of its PA66 polyamide grades DINALON®. This certification, granted by AENOR2 (Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification) under the Standard UNE-EN15343 for plastics recycling traceability and assessment of conformity and recycled content3, is a first certification in the UBE group and marks a significant yet essential step in promoting plastics recycling and traceability throughout the entire value chain. It contributes significantly to advancing the circularity of plastics.
AENOR has verified that the certified DINALON® polyamide grade, A2X25 MI H-4109, contains up to 30% of recycled material and this certification provides assurance for:
- The rigorous control of incoming plastics waste.
- The traceability in the production processes of recycled materials from the reception of residues to the final products.
- The percentage of recycled material included in the certified products.
- The characteristics of the final recycled product.
In the upcoming months, Repol intends to broaden the scope of certification to encompass additional PA6 products with a minimum of 30% recycled content, targeting industrial and automotive applications.
In the global context, and particularly within the European region, where plastic waste and its recyclability are one of the societal concerns, this achievement appropriately meets the needs of our customers, offering them a verified and reliable quality process. UBE believes that this accomplishment is not only advantageous for our customers but also holds significant benefits for entire value chains, contributing to the advancement of plastic circularity.
By combining efforts with achievements such as obtaining ISCC Plus certifications and the OCS (Operation Clean Sweep) certification against the loss of plastic pellets, the UBE Group will continue to accelerate its actions in promoting a circular economy across the entire organization globally.
- Repol, S.L.U. is a subsidiary company of UBE Corporation Europe that operates a compound business in Europe using nylon 6, nylon 66, polypropylene, polyacetal, and other resin raw materials. These products are mainly used for automobiles but are also broadly used in industrial materials and for the electrical and electronics industries. ↩︎
- AENOR: La Asociación Española de Normalización y Certificación (AENOR) is a certification body and an organization legally responsible of the development and diffusion of technical standards in Spain. ↩︎
- UNE-EN 15343:2008 Plastics recycling traceability and assessment of conformity and recycled content specifies the necessary procedures for the traceability of recycled plastics. This standard provides the foundation for calculating the recycled content of a product. ↩︎