In those industries characterized by high demands linked to adverse working conditions, such as oil & gas, mining, industrial machinery, seals & gaskets, etc… engineers require elastomers that stand out for their high performance and durability.
As a solution to some of today’s design challenges, UBE has developed polyurethane elastomers using ETERNATHANE® polycarbonate-based urethane prepolymers.
Undoubtedly, among the advantages of using these polycarbonate-based urethane prepolymers to design high-performance and extremely durable polyurethane elastomers, according to the current requirements of some sectors, we can highlight:
- Polyurethane parts with superior load-bearing properties.
- Excellent abrasion resistance.
- Improved resistance to hydrolysis, solvents and chemicals.
- Improved thermal and oxidation stability.
- Improved mechanical properties of polyurethane parts.
Want to know how polyurethane parts designed with ETERNATHANE® prepolymers enable manufacturers to produce soft, high-performance and extremely durable polyurethanes? Download our case study.